Saturday, August 05, 2006

In argentina!

Argentina is great! I'm currently sitting in the Buenas Aires Airport on a three hour layover and I'm already loving this place. Perhaps I'm just excited to be nearly finished with the long flights, I've completed 14 hours flying and have only 2 more to go beore arriving in Bariloche. It's tons of fun being in a new country and getting to use my Spanish again after many years of negelct. I had a slight scare when my bank card wasn't working at any of the cash machines at the airport. Contrary to mom's suggestion I didn't bring much in the way of cash or traveller's cheques and for a moment I had visions of spending a month down here scraping by on the little cash I had. Luckily A bank close to the airport had a cash machine that likes my VanCity card. phew! I got onto an earlier flight to Bariloche and will be there by 3:15 this afternoon. It's chilly here (but not cold) and I'm starting to feel like I'm back in winter. I can hardly wait to get onto the boards, hopefully tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger gq said...

Look forward to hearing your skiing adventures matosan, Wish I was there....

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mv
Glad the money thing worked out. Can't wait to hear more Love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home