Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Powder Turns

Had a great time last night; I got invited to a argentinian family dinner for asado (meat bbq). It was very tasty! I also met a local ski tourer there which was a big plus. This morning I caught the bus up to the ski resort and met someone named patrick who wearing scarpa matrix boots in the parking lot. He turned out to be a solid ski tourer, so we spent the day ripping around in some great powder. We then met up with the argentinian skiers I met at the asado and his friend jorge, a local ski guide who I had been playing phone tag with. They took us off piste to some awesome powder! All in all it was a great day and I´m even more stoked on bariloche now. I can see a good touring crew coming together and I´m really pumped for the weather to clear so we can get out the Refugio Frey, a nearby hut with excellent terrain!

Bootpacking towards some good off piste












Patrick enjoying some fine Bariloche powder.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger gq said...

DOPE! Grr.... and I am stuck here in the c(sh)ity working away and studying. Thanks for all the updates matosan. Keep on posting your adventures!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger matosan said...

I wish you were here buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home